United Rescue Aid are helping people in distress and are getting all important information out to the people who need it, the refugees fleeing across the world seeking shelters and safety.
Here we have gathered all important information and reports for an easy access for all who need it or are interested.
On our Facebook and Twitter page we are also constantly updating with the newest information and weather reports, like our page and follow us to keep getting updated.
Click below to go to our library:
Warnings and misinformation in Turkey (provided by IOM)
United Rescue Aid is working at the forefront of what is fast establishing itself as the worst humanitarian crisis of our times. Here are the facts about the situation:
• In 2015, more than 1 million refugees arrived in Europe by sea
• So far in 2016, that number has reached almost 200,000
• Over 50% of refugees arriving in 2016 have been women and children
• 79% of arrivals come from the world’s top 10 refugee-producing countries
• Over 40% of arrivals come from Syria, with 21% coming from Afghanistan and 13% from Iraq
• 1,300 refugees making the crossing into Europe have been declared dead or missing so far in 2016
• With the European Union struggling to come up with a cohesive strategy to cope with the crisis, many nations along popular migration routes have closed their borders.
• After the EU-Turkey deal came into effect in March 2016, refugees have begun attempting to cross into Europe by the far more dangerous Italian route
• So far in 2016 there has been an 85% increase in refugees seeking to reach Italy across the Mediterranean via Libya. An estimated one in every 92 people will not survive the crossing
Source: The UN Refugee Agency, International Organization for Migration